Volodina Svetlana Vyacheslavovna, Postgraduate student, Saratov State University named after N. G. Chernyshevsky (83 Astrakhanskaya street, Saratov, Russia), email@example.com
Background. For the democracy, the presence of many parties is the basis for recording the views of different groups of population. The multiparty system in Russia is a fairly new phenomenon, so it is starting to face certain difficulties. These include the lack of development of the political opposition and the lack of trust in political parties. It is therefore relevant not only to identify these difficulties, but also to find ways to overcome them.
Materials and methods. Implementation of the research tasks was achieved on the basis of the analysis of legislation, as well as the basic positions of scientistsconstitutionalists on development of the multiparty system, formation of opposition parties and improvement of confidence in parties. The methodological potential included the dialectical and logical methods, which created the basis for a comprehensive and complete study of the constitutional principle of multipartyness. The usage of the system-structural method allowed to investigate the constitutional principle of multipartyness in relationship and interdependence with other legal categories – «opposition» and «trust».
Results. The author investigated formation and development of the constitutional principle of multipartyness in Russia today, analyzed the reasons hindering its development, the possibilities of overcoming mistrust of parties and ways to establish opposition parties.
Conclusions. The study examined the measures of development of multipartyness in Russia. In order to develop opposition it is offered to promote competition, which is a way of natural selection, allowing to keep in the political system those parties that act in the spirit of the time and are able to meet the demands of the electorate. Assuming that the current legislative regulation is sufficient, the author proves that there is no need to adopt a special law on the opposition. The lack of trust in political parties is associated with both short period of development of the multiparty system, and with the activities of the parties themselves, which make no attempts to fulfill their campaign promises or promote social support of the population. To increase public confidence in political parties it is necessary to consider the strategy of a party itself, attracting new socially-oriented ideas andensuring unconditional implementation.
political parties, multipartyness, multi-party constitutional principle, political opposition, credibility of political parties.
1. Zaslavskiy S. E. Politicheskie partii Rossii: problemy pravovoy institutsionalizatsii [Political parties in Russia: problems of legal institutionalization]. Moscow: Institut prava i publichnoy politiki, 2003, 300 p.
2. Medvedev D. A. Nasha demokratiya nesovershenna... No my idem vpered [Our democracy is imperfect… But we are moving forward]. Available at: http://www.echo.msk.ru/blog/echomsk/728687-echo.9 (accessed 23 October 2014).
3. Saenko G. V. Politicheskaya oppozitsiya kak sotsial'noe yavlenie v obshchestvennoy zhizni sovremennoy Rossii (konets 80-kh – 90-e gg.): avtoref. dis. d-ra ist. nauk [Political opposition as a social phenomenon in social life of modern Russia (late 80s – 90s): author’s abstract of dissertation to apply for the degree of doctor of historical sciences]. Moscow, 1996.
4. Chicherin B. N. O narodnom predstavitel'stve [On people’s representation]. Moscow: Tipografiya Tovarishchestva I. D. Sytina, 1898, 838 p.
5. Vasil'eva S. V. Konstitutsionno-pravovoy status politicheskoy oppozitsii [Constitutionallegal status of political opposition]. Moscow: Institut prava i publichnoy politiki, 2010, 235 p.
6. Kokotov A. N. Biznes, menedzhment i pravo [Business, management and law]. 2003, no. 4, pp. 116–121.
7. Gudkov L. Vestnik obshchestvennogo mneniya. Dannye. Analiz. Diskussii [Bulletin of public opinion]. 2012, no. 2 (112), pp. 8–48.
8. Lebon G. Psikhologiya narodov i mass [Peoples and mass psychology]. Moscow: Akademicheskiy proekt, 2014, 239 p.
9. Levada Yu. Ishchem cheloveka. Sotsiologicheskie ocherki [Looking for a person. Sociological essays]. 2000–2005. Moscow: Novoe izdatel'stvo, 2006, 384 p.
10. Petukhov V. V. Demokratiya uchastiya i politicheskaya transformatsiya Rossii [Democracy of participation and political transformation of Russia]. Moscow: Academia, 2007, 176 p.